We are pleased to send you the call for papers of the conference organized by the Institute of Western and Southern Slavic Studies, Faculty of Polish Studies of the University of Warsaw, the Institute of Slavic Studies Polish Academy of Sciences and the Slavic Foundation. The main topic of the conference is “The Experience of Faith in Slavic Cultures and Literatures in the Context of Postsecular Thought”.
The proposed subjects include such issues as:
- contemporary (literary and cultural) religious imagination transgressing religious orthodoxy
- a specific nature of contemporary religious experience beyond postmodern interpretation; blasphemy, heresy and constructing hybrid idioms of faith
- the phenomena of “invisible” and “weakened” religiosity
- the phenomenon of “unserious” beliefs in Slavic countries and the state of research on non-confessional religiosity
- the crisis of traditional language of Christian religions; the new languages of literary expression of religious experience; strategies of parody, irony and other forms of derision; Can we go beyond postmodern interpretation?
- religious experience in gender perspective
- communism and the Slavic experience of postsecularism
- postsecular literature: fact or theoretical invention?
- postsecularism in Slavic cultures: the state of research, interpretations of the phenomenon (timeline and characteristics)
- the risks of postsecular approach to religious phenomena: how to distinguish between the right to freedom of religion and belief and the acceptance of potentially dangerous or criminal activity in this domain
The conference will be held on 16th and 17th of October 2017 in Warsaw.
The abstract of your proposed paper (in English, 300 words maximum), including your affiliation, should be submitted to email@example.com by 31 August 2017.
Conference proceedings will be held in English.